Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a few things in my car including a greddy electronic boost controller. My question is the boost controller is off and am running 0psi, its running really rich so I dont want to tempt things, but with it running 0psi should it not run very good? Its like when it runs it runs ok for being bloody rich but when the boost gauge gets to zero and no I havent tried to boost hard or run it as much as I can untill it gets tuned but as soon it acts like it wants to boost, again I try not to but the rpms just go up and the car goes no where its hard for me to go over 20mph or anytime after that it takes for ever to get there. I just want to know if this normal when you are running 0psi of boost.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
either you installed the boost contoller entirely wrong screwing up vaccum lines, or you have a MAJOR boost leak somewhere in which you can probably hear the air whistling out. your turbo could be blown, as well.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
BTW, you cannot adjust for 0 boost with a boost controller. With it off or at lowest setting you will be limited to stock boost.

If your Boost gauge is setting at 0 you have a big boost leak.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Why aren't you trying to boost? I'm not understanding why you don't want to boost at all. What's the purpose of the controller? At least boost to something so you can know if it's working.

Are you just barely on the throttle when it gets to 0? Or are you flooring it to get to 0? If you are flooring it, then there is something very wrong. If you are just lightly on it, then it shouldn't run very rich at all assuming it's all set up right.

·
Registered
520 Posts
CtSupra said:
either you installed the boost contoller entirely wrong screwing up vaccum lines, or you have a MAJOR boost leak somewhere in which you can probably hear the air whistling out. your turbo could be blown, as well.

i second this, you probably installed the lines wrong or something. or you have an enormous boost leak, because you cant run 0psi even with an ebc. does it idle funny at all (sound like it wants to die sometimes). i would check to make sure everything is installed right first.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
91supraT
Ya sometimes my car wants to die untill it warms up does this mean anything? Also I had the boostcontroller put in by another person so they are going to come down and look at it again.

Trent
My car is SUPER SUPER rich so I just turned off the boost controller just to be on the safe side so I dont run the car to hell.

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
boost leak. a boost controller wont make the car run rich.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Brady89 said:
91supraT
Ya sometimes my car wants to die untill it warms up does this mean anything? Also I had the boostcontroller put in by another person so they are going to come down and look at it again.

Trent
My car is SUPER SUPER rich so I just turned off the boost controller just to be on the safe side so I dont run the car to hell.

yea a big enough boost leak will make your car idle pretty rough. check your ic pipes, they have a tendancy to work themselves loose. or maybe the accordian hose as they are prone to cracking over time. but to get 0psi it would have to be a pretty big leak so my guess would be ic pipes. as for running rich turning off the bc will actually make you run even richer. but that has to do with the the extra boost, or lack there of in this case, and is not a direct result of the bc. the supra is programed to run on the rich side to start with so that is fairly common, and as long is it is not overly rich to the point of bogging the car down it is not really a bad thing. its lean you want to stay away from.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Brady89 said:
91supraT
Whenever my car starts doing that, it means it is time to change my spark plugs... What plugs are you running and when was the last time you changed them?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disced
I just changed my plugs last week. Im running NGK iridium.

Also guys I was wondering if I put a diagnostic test on it and since the check engine light is on if it will throw a code about the solinoid if its improperly installed??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also guys I think you guys need to know that I just put a walbro 255 fuel pump in, also some 550cc injectors, and a lexus afm on top of just the boost controller.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also I checked my intercooler pipes so dont act like im not trying to fix the problem! :rant: !

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it gets to like 2000rpm and than just dont go no where now. Its not the boost controller I dont think as its not just dealing with boost right now. Any ideas, it just goes to 2000rpm and than just backfires or just dont go no where????

·
Registered
520 Posts
did the car run alright when you put the lex/550/walbro in or did you do that at the same time as the bc? if the check engine light is on, run it for codes as that will at least give us somewhere to start, as this sounds like a big ol' boost leak to me. check the lower ic pipe that connects to the turbo again that bitch cracks all the time.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya it started doing this when I put the lexus/550/walbro in and also I put the electronic boost controller in because I d my manual one all in at the same time. Also I have an aftermarket intercooler and hardpipes so I dont know how one of the pipes could of ed. Ill go and run it for codes and see what codes it throws and get back to you guys later in the day under a different topic.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Won't go past 2000rpm? Is the AFM all plugged back in and securely connected? Do you know that this AFM works good?

I don't know what youa re talking about a diagnostic test, just bridge the terminals on the Diag block and check the codes. That will most likely tell you what the problem is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts