Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
CtSupra said:
either you installed the boost contoller entirely wrong screwing up vaccum lines, or you have a MAJOR boost leak somewhere in which you can probably hear the air whistling out. your turbo could be blown, as well.

i second this, you probably installed the lines wrong or something. or you have an enormous boost leak, because you cant run 0psi even with an ebc. does it idle funny at all (sound like it wants to die sometimes). i would check to make sure everything is installed right first.

· Registered
496 Posts
Brady89 said:
91supraT
Ya sometimes my car wants to die untill it warms up does this mean anything? Also I had the boostcontroller put in by another person so they are going to come down and look at it again.

Trent
My car is SUPER SUPER rich so I just turned off the boost controller just to be on the safe side so I dont run the car to hell.

yea a big enough boost leak will make your car idle pretty rough. check your ic pipes, they have a tendancy to work themselves loose. or maybe the accordian hose as they are prone to cracking over time. but to get 0psi it would have to be a pretty big leak so my guess would be ic pipes. as for running rich turning off the bc will actually make you run even richer. but that has to do with the the extra boost, or lack there of in this case, and is not a direct result of the bc. the supra is programed to run on the rich side to start with so that is fairly common, and as long is it is not overly rich to the point of bogging the car down it is not really a bad thing. its lean you want to stay away from.

· Registered
496 Posts
did the car run alright when you put the lex/550/walbro in or did you do that at the same time as the bc? if the check engine light is on, run it for codes as that will at least give us somewhere to start, as this sounds like a big ol' boost leak to me. check the lower ic pipe that connects to the turbo again that bitch cracks all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.