Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1- I don't want a different head unit.
#2- I have a set of speakers (BA speakers)

Can I put the speakers in without an amp? Will they sound right?

My car was made to go fast. Audio was the last last last last priority (which means it will be another 2 years before i buy any audio)

Thanks
brittany

E

·
0 Posts
If you just plan to replace speakers, then no you will not need another amp (if you still have the stock one).

If you plan to go nutz with the audio upgrades then you'll have to get more or bigger amp(s). You can always retain the factory HU, and still do a whole system. Just involves a little more work.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
The stock headunit sucks Brittany. That should really be the first thing to go IMO. If you want to have the same sized HU in there, they make aftermarkets that are double din like the factory one. If you are ok with using a single din HU, that will free up space underneath for things like boost controllers, turbo timers, and a gauge. Blitz makes a nice panel to fit those 3 things under an aftermarket single din HU. If you really want a kickin system, even on down the road, you will need to get a quality HU.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
first upgrade is the stereo and next is power mods for me. most of the time im in the city and theres nowhere to go fast. i am buying stuff from ebay or other online sites so it might take a few months to put together what i want. the hardest part is figuring out about who i should go to have a sub box made.

M

·
0 Posts
I never understand why people wanna keep their stock head unit. The things are freakin awful. Their awful in ferairi's(spelling?), lamborghini's, everyfreakinthing almost. And for all the "Bose" sound systems, they freakin sound like ass IMO. Factory stereo "upgrades" are a waste of freakin money. That stuff is ridiculously priced and its all freakin garbage at the dealer. Anyway's i just realized I didn't answer anybody's questions here and I just ranted and raved. But please Brittany, replace the headunit. Its a POS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts