Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Used getrag is roughly 3000-3500.
Other small various things can or may include rear Diff, driveshaft, clutch flywheel shifter assembly clutch pedal slave cylinder.
I spent 6k so far in parts for a 6spd swap.
That's if you do things right. You can mate the transmission to the auto differential or gs400 one. Its pretty costly.

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
You should really search before you start a thread that's been done 1000 times

And it depends on what power level your going for, cause you will need a clutch that can handle what ever you want. And HP is money, so anywhere from 6500-10000, just depends

·
Registered
381 Posts
depends on who make mopwer ur goin to make bc of the clutch on average id say 7k...but if your goin to make 900+hp better add about 2k more

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,096 Posts
Clutch is what will end up making it over 7 to 8k. I got all parts for about 5200 and then you factor in a good clutch say like rps twin/triple or carbonetic then yea you looking at 8k + misc.

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
Search function rocks!!!! $6500-$11000 depending on what you do clutch wise.

Steve

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
Damn.... I was late.... lol....

Its better to just buy a 6speed Supra than to make one... if you used the search button which you did not... you would have seen the many threads of MKIV owners and builders saying this exact thing... that they would have saved time and money just buying a 6speed car from the start and not they would not have to do all the work.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
i had a auto. wanted to do the swap.

after pricing everything out, time, labor and every little this and that.

its cheaper to sell your car and get a 6 speed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Price keeps inching up every year, but now it feels more like a foot every year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
like title says....
My brother and I did it for $9000usd with a used v160 and all new oem part`s from Curt, diff, half shafts,tripod ect. It took a weekend to do with 2 people. I think it`s well worth it. If I lived in the U.S. , I would of bought a 6speed in the first place. Being up here, a lhd 6 speed is hard to find, so we did the swap.
Good luck with the swap, if you do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts