Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I've tried search but to no avail. I need to know if a strut tower bar for the NA exists. I mean, one that is specifically made for the NA without the use of a single washer or modifying. There has to be... right? I feel that washers damn near defeat the purpose and I refuse to use them

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
I dont think that they advertise an for specifically NA supras but i beleive that there is a cusco bar that will clear the intake manifold without any modification such as washers.

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
talk to kevin at naperformance.com. he has the naperformance strut bar on his NA Supra. :bigthumb:

others have gotten the cusco one to fit :dunno:

i modified the trd one to fit :)

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
send me a pm if you're interested in the TRD one. I am going NA-T within the month and the ic pipes may prevent me from using the strut bar.

btw - i used plates to raise mine up; not washers.

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
i think the TRD bar is sick looking...after you raised it did you have any rubbing issues with the hood?

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Smokinsupra95 said:
i think the TRD bar is sick looking...after you raised it did you have any rubbing issues with the hood?
no rubbing issues because i dremeled it as well. it does look nice and you can feel the difference.

i bought 3 plates from home depot to put on each side and it clears everything on both sides and the middle after dremeling.

i'll try and take pics sometime this week. i hate to lose it cuz of the ic pipes because it looks great, but oh well.

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
Kirk is using one [don't know the brand] on his NA-T.. maybe check with him.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Cusco fr strut bar can successfully be used without washers on an NA.

·
ΣΦE Member
1,230 Posts
shaunmathur said:
no rubbing issues because i dremeled it as well. it does look nice and you can feel the difference.

i bought 3 plates from home depot to put on each side and it clears everything on both sides and the middle after dremeling.

i'll try and take pics sometime this week. i hate to lose it cuz of the ic pipes because it looks great, but oh well.
where exactly did you have to dremel?

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Smokinsupra95 said:
where exactly did you have to dremel?
I'll snap some pics tonight which will probably show you better than I can explain. I'll be taking it off to sell anyway, so I'll post those up asap.

Pretty much you dremel the top of the bar on the under-side, in the center.

arrows pointing to dremeled area...

-------------------------------------------
------------------^^^-----------TRD
-------------------------------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts