Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found this thread which had some information but no one in the thread had actually tried out the seats.

I'm thinking about getting a set of the APC seats, I'm pretty sure I'll have to fab brackets, or have some fabbed up, but I'm curious, has anyone else installed them? I know they're comfortable, but do they hold up?

Just trying to find out if they'll still look decent 3-6 months down the road.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IdealSupra said:
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
I'm guessing you don't like them then? :)

Or did I post this in the wrong place? They would be going in a 91 supra.

The reason I'm replacing the seats is that the interior of the car is really bad. So I was thinking of going with a full customer interior (mostly made by me).

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
apc is like a cheap chinese buffet...mostly rice, nothing really good...if you are gonna do your interior, at least use good seats like sparco, or corbeau or something like that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Supra_N2O said:
apc is like a cheap chinese buffet...mostly rice, nothing really good...if you are gonna do your interior, at least use good seats like sparco, or corbeau or something like that
Sounds reasonable. Only reason for me asking about these is that I've actually sat in them, so I know they feel okay. Sadly, no one in town, outside of pepboys, has seats on hand for you to look at and most everyone in this town who "fixes up" their car uses APC as it's everywhere.

Personally, I don't like APC's products most times, but I really don't want to buy seats I haven't had a chance to try out. I'm leary of spending between $600 and $1000 for seats, have them get here and not like them.

This town needs a true import shop, but all it has is ricer shops.

[off-topic]
BTW, Wal*Mart is now going to carry APC stuff. Right before christmas the local ones got a bunch of metal spoilers in....Sad.
[/off-topic]

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Supra_N2O said:
hehe i like your analogy.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
oh trust me...if you sat in a sparco torino or milano, its probably one of the MOST comfortable (adjustable) racing seats you will ever sit in

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
You will get what you paid for with aftermarket seats. There's going to be some sort of tradeoff with the price whether it be in quality, comfort, or weight. They're the one thing your in constant contact with while in a car so why go cheap? Those APC seats might have felt okay at first, but what about in extended trips?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
punkybooster89t said:
You will get what you paid for with aftermarket seats. There's going to be some sort of tradeoff with the price whether it be in quality, comfort, or weight. They're the one thing your in constant contact with while in a car so why go cheap? Those APC seats might have felt okay at first, but what about in extended trips?
That's actually what I'm curious about. Usability, drivability, etc. Was hoping to find someone who had used them, or still had them installed, to get some idea of what they are like after a longer period of time (couple of months).

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
they came from a company that specializes in clear tail lights and aluminum wings...nuff said

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
AZmkiii said:
I hear the cheap knock off seats have been snapping in wrecks due to the well ... poor/cheap construction.
bottom line..you gotta pay to play

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
CSR Ma71 said:
You can't spell "aight peace" without APC
:nono: :nono: :nono:

its u cant spell CRAP without APC!!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i know i'm going to get crap for this this, but i got a set of D.A.D racing seats with custom brackets from mmrusa.. i also got a set of 4-point harnesses. the whole setup cost me about 900$ and i'm very pleased. the seats look good, very comfy, and the quaility is good.. my interior looks so much better, my leather was destroyed... i'll try to post osme pics in a bit.

here are my seats(black)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2449313537

here are the brackets..( very very nice)
http://www.mmrusa.com/seatbrackimports.htm

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with the APC seats other than the logo. The logo looks stitched on, so you can probably just cut the threads out and leave no mark.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Yeah I would try to find crash info about it, you don't want a seat that will snap on you.

Also ...
Weight: 35 lbs Each

If it wern't 35 pounds it might be a good deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
APC-A Piece of Crap or A Piece of China...You get what you pay for...Kinda like the fishbowl headlight's they sell...almost as bad as offshore tin. American Products Corp...sheesh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts