Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the boost logic crank pulley and went to go put it on and it wont go all the way in! I've been trying to get it to slide all the way on the crankshaft but it wont go. I got part of the pulley on over the key, but it doesnt seem to want to move any further. Is it supposed to be this hard? Anyone have any tricks to doing this easier I guess?

Oh also, anyone know the thread size for the BL crank pulley for the 3 holes? I want to remove it with a puller and re-try it, but these holes are different from the stock dampner.

·
Just another SUPRA PIMP !
504 Posts
Hyper, I put mine on with an air gun to pull it all the way up , then time for the 220 ft/lb torque wrench to finish the job !!
Hughie....NYC

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you are all the way over the key already just use a impact gun to put it in the rest of the way or a toque wrench whichever way is fine..

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the thing is its not in enough for the bolt to reach the threads, so I cant use the bolt to push the pulley in. Most of the key is still exposed. How did you guys put the pulley on in the first place before you used the bolt to put it in the rest of the way?

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
The pulley should be able to go on far enough, for the threads to start. If you want you can check otu the auto parts store and look for a pulley installer. But i would try to lube it up and hit it with a rubber mallet, until you can pop that bolt on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
hit the outside of the crank with some fine sandpaper and the inside of the pulley. Then slide the pulley on as far as you can, if it still won't get to the threads then take a rubber mallet and work the pulley on. Work your way around the pulley, you should be able to get it far enough on to start the bolt.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been hammering at it for hours and it wont go any further. I can't take the pulley out either because my pulley puller set doesnt have the right size bolts for the pulley. This one has smaller holes than the stock dampner.

Everything seems to be aligned up properly. I looked inside the pulley with a mirror and the key seems to be right where its supposed to be. It went on fairly easy with some hammering, but all of a sudden it wont go any further. I'm stumped.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
You're going to need to use a puller to remove it. Then follow the above suggestion of cleaning up the crank with some fine sandpaper or a scotchbrite pad. The give it another shot.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
hmm... i used some grease and a rubber mallet to put it on...

as far as taking it off... make sure you got a harmonic dampner puller.... it should have both metric and american. Hope that helps....

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys, thanks for the help. I finally got the pulley on. I had to sand down part of the crankshaft by the keyway and slowly tapped in the balancer. It went in nice and slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts