Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is out there that will fit the R154 tranny to meet safety specs for drag racing?
Im looking in Summit for tranny sheilds or scatter sheilds, driveshaft loops etc.
What is everyone using?
Custom made stuff or universal stuff

A tranny blanket is only used for spills right? wont help for safety if something shoots out?

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
isnt this why you were banned? you dont post anything useful ever.
now skipping over the retarded answers to people who actually know something.
FYI, They wont let you run the numbers if you dont have the safety equipment.

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
Tranny blankets actually help protect you from tranny debris. If im not mistaken, many of them are now made kevlar reinforced, and are SFI approved as much as a metal shield. A universal type one shoudl fit aroudn the R154 without a problem.

Im actually usign one myself as they are less obstructive, and easier to remove, along with tham having the same sfi certs.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea scatter sheilds are a bitch to get on and off when needed so I would rather have a blanket if possible.. . if it will pass.
I saw the RCI SFI 4.1 one from Summit for like $80. and saw a Comp Chassis I think drive loop for like $40 thru summit. Seems simple enuff, but I didnt know how much work they would be since they are universal.

I had a real scattersheild on my Itegra and it was a pain even with the tranny in plain view with FWD, in a Supra I cant see it being the easiest thing in the world.

The blanket seems like you can just pull the tranny down a little and slide this thing over and buckle it up and have a nice day

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shite I just checked NHRA ruling and it looks like the sheilding must be SFI 6.1 or greater

What one are you using slow66?
I coulda sworn Deist made a heavier duty one?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
the rules i have state you can make your own.

requirements:

min 1/4" thick and 1pc 360* coverage.

they also state you can use a ballistics blanket as well. but all i have seen are SFI 4.5 at best. but they state there are some that are 9.1 im looking and cant find those so far. i have a feeling if i do they are gonna be spendy.

G

·
PM-Performance said:
isnt this why you were banned? you dont post anything useful ever.
now skipping over the retarded answers to people who actually know something.
FYI, They wont let you run the numbers if you dont have the safety equipment.

negative, I was banned for wanting to buy my fuel pump back from a jackass member who many people here on this forum look up upon..if you do a little research of my old name you will find lots of useful info I have gave to the community along with some dumb stuff..so what you don't make perfect useful posts all the time either so don't give me shit. you however have no sense of humor and can't take a joke. get the sand outta yer vagina and have fun on here.

-j

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont need you jumping on all my threads talking shit. I have yet to see anything remotely useful from you. You have answers that are smart remarks or have nothing to do with what I am asking.
Please dont post in my threads unless it is tech related. I want answers not jokes

Anyway, thanks Jeff and slow66
I wonder if they really check the SFI ratings much on the blankets or If I can get away with it.
Im putting my clutch back in this week and figured why not throw something in there now while the tranny is on the floor.

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
PM-Performance said:
shite I just checked NHRA ruling and it looks like the sheilding must be SFI 6.1 or greater

What one are you using slow66?
I coulda sworn Deist made a heavier duty one?

I am usign the one from Stroud Safety www.stroudsafety.com

They make a regular ballistics one and a heavier duty(yet lighter weight) Kevlar one.

regular is abotu $120 or so, and kevlar is $330 ish. The one i have is specifially for the PG, so a universal one may be cheaper. You may want to call and get a measurement for the universal ones and see if it'll fit around the r154. I dotn think fitment shoudl be a problem though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts