Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

1) Can anybody recommend the best brand and weight of oil for the twin turbo MKIV. I'm considering going to a synthetic and not sure what is the best for this car.

2) I've heard that a turbo timer is one of the first modifications to make to a twin turbo MKIV. I'm wondering if I go to a synthetic oil and make sure I always let the oil temp come up and cool down if there is any reason to go with a turbo timer? The car will only be driven a few thousand miles a year and am not sure if there is any other benefit...

Thanks in advance for responding!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mobile 1 10-w-30 synthetic is the way to go.
as for your second question..yes..a turbo timer is worth the money no matter what. When you race your car ( if you plan on it, which im sure you are) or you drive on the highway for extended amounts of time at higher speeds ..ie. ( 60-80) mph..then you should invest a modest 100 bucks on a turbo timer.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
1_MAD_DAWG said:
Mobile 1 10-w-30 synthetic is the way to go.
as for your second question..yes..a turbo timer is worth the money no matter what. When you race your car ( if you plan on it, which im sure you are) or you drive on the highway for extended amounts of time at higher speeds ..ie. ( 60-80) mph..then you should invest a modest 100 bucks on a turbo timer.
Yup, that pretty much sums up what I would've said. If you get a turbo timer, you woj't have to wait in the car while it turns down. And second people will always ask you why your car is till running. Its a good way to meet new people. But a Supra is pretty much a good way to meet people too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a general question. How long do you guys let the car cool down before shutting it down? I do not have a timer, so I use my watch to count down to 1 minute and 30 seconds. I wonder if it is enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 minute for around town dirving 4 minutes for highway driving. Reg Reimer from Sonic recomend these times and he is one of the more knowledgable supra owners around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts