Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crow
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found header for 5MGE recently, I was wondering, would that bolt up straight to the 7MGE? I know that a lot of different things are compatible between the two, does that include the exhaust manifold/downpipe?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
maybe, the heads are quite a bit different, but I do recall hearing people use manifolds -- but I'd ask the folks in the mk2 section as they are more likely to know (a lot more of them turbo mk2's and theyd know whether our mani fits on their head)

·
A Dyno never won a race..
758 Posts
i think i installed one for a 5m motor in a 7motor once. it didnt fit properly on the 7m motor and the question arose if he got the right one from pacesetter. i had to oversize all the holes and make an indentation with a grinder on the right side of the plate. I had to remove the distrubuter with the install too. it fit but watch out because the header becomes real hot and will burn a hole under the plastic baffle on the intake hose to cause a hole in your intake after 15 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
945 Posts
exhaust manifolds are perfectly interchangable. This is how the MK II guys go turbo the most easily...using our stock setup.

Bob

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Pacesetter header needs holes enlarged and notched for power steering on 5mge head as well. The o2 sensor placement is also an issue. Ceramic coating will decrease heat threat to adjacent components. Since 7mge/mgte manifolds will bolt up to 5mge head the reverse is likely true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts