Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting on my HKS Ti exhaust minus one part. There is a bracket which you bolt the rubber busing on that in turn bolts to the middle of the exhaust.

I couldnt get it to fit with the brace underneath the car that hangs below the driveshaft or something.

Did you HKS Ti owners remove that brace when installing the exhaust? Or cut the bracket that you bolt on to the car?

How necessary is it that that piece is attached.

I did some searches on the forum and noticed that some people have had that hanger rip off the exhaust and so i worry about using it.

TIA.

David

G

·
dyc1077 said:
I just finished putting on my HKS Ti exhaust minus one part. There is a bracket which you bolt the rubber busing on that in turn bolts to the middle of the exhaust.

I couldnt get it to fit with the brace underneath the car that hangs below the driveshaft or something.

Did you HKS Ti owners remove that brace when installing the exhaust? Or cut the bracket that you bolt on to the car?

How necessary is it that that piece is attached.

I did some searches on the forum and noticed that some people have had that hanger rip off the exhaust and so i worry about using it.

TIA.

David
I'd leave your V-band connection loose, leave the muffler off so your just working with the pipe. Then see if you can't get it to bolt up to the hanger, if it still won't move enough for you to do it. Then remove the hanger, bolt the piece to the exhaust, then rebolt the flange to the car. Tighten everything down and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts