Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BPU 98 TT 6spd Supra right now and my next mod was a intercooler. I was looking on Titan and was looking at the HKS one which was 600x300x65 i believe. What i wanted to know was if this was good enough for when I upgrade to either a GT72DBB or T72 turbo or something in that nature. The greddy 3 row was 1400 and I saw this one for 1000 so I was wondering if this was a good buy?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I say go with the greddy BECAUSE it comes with all new piping while the HKS reuses the upper stock piping and second because the greddy can handle more power.. The HKS Type S is rated at 550HP max even though a few people on this board is making more than that..

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
I would definantly spend the few extra bucks to do Greddy...it holds more power and if you search around youll notice its very popular and is highly recomended....you can also find it around some places for a little cheaper...might want to contact Adam (adrocktt)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I just purchased my Greddy 3 Row (Thanks Al-Ranger498!), and after looking at this baby, I know I made the right choice by going with the Greddy. It's no doubt one of the finest FMIC out on the market. Comes complete with everything and all pipes are polished as well as the endtanks on the intercooler itself. I would definately say go with the Greddy.

check out my pics:

-Phu

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went with the Blitz, and I'm happy. From what I've heard its slightly bigger then the greddy, but I've never taken a tape measure to it:) I got a good deal on it. It came with all of the power steering pipping and the new over flow bottle. Install was easy, although I did have a car lift.
Later Ed

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
I just got my 3 row Greddy FMIC 2 weeks ago. Great kit all the pipes relo for the overflow tank. Everything I needed and with stock twins I don't know what people are talking when they say the FMIC makes it lag. I get boost just as fast as I did before. 1300.00 from http://boost-solutions.com/ here in Atlanta.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Digital Tripod said:
I just got my 3 row Greddy FMIC 2 weeks ago. Great kit all the pipes relo for the overflow tank. Everything I needed and with stock twins I don't know what people are talking when they say the FMIC makes it lag. I get boost just as fast as I did before. 1300.00 from http://boost-solutions.com/ here in Atlanta.
Lag?..never heard that...You guys are making me jelious! Im waiting for mine! ..they look good though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just installed my HKS Type S and I love it. I honestly believe my boost hits sooner and harder, but I have no real way of telling. I love how it looks. I have heard great things about the Greddy too. I think both are great choices for small and midsized turbos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx guys ill go with the greddy 3 row then, ill probably be able to get it before the supra meet, thanx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts