Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I was trying to find out how and where you connected the MAP sensor and Intake Air Temp Sensor. Did you just splice the Intake Air Temp Sensor to the oem MAF wires and then drill and mount in near the throttle body? For the MAP Sensor, how and where did you install the sensor? Thank you very much guys.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes, I spliced the air temp wires from the maf then extended them over to the drivers side of the car. I put my air temp sensor in the IC piping just after the IC on the drivers side. I originally used the HKS IAT which was in the manifold however I found that it heat soaked too easily. The throttle body may be a good spot as well, I'm not sure.

I have my EGR system removed, so I have my MAP sensor connected to the manifold through the nipple on the rear of the manifold. You can use pretty much any source, just make sure that there are no other *large volume*vacuum operated devices on the same vacuum line. (i.e power steering booster, or blow off valve) Also make sure you mount your sensor with the nipple pointing down.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin Hoare said:
Yes, I spliced the air temp wires from the maf then extended them over to the drivers side of the car. I put my air temp sensor in the IC piping just after the IC on the drivers side. I originally used the HKS IAT which was in the manifold however I found that it heat soaked too easily. The throttle body may be a good spot as well, I'm not sure.

I have my EGR system removed, so I have my MAP sensor connected to the manifold through the nipple on the rear of the manifold. You can use pretty much any source, just make sure that there are no other *large volume*vacuum operated devices on the same vacuum line. (i.e power steering booster, or blow off valve) Also make sure you mount your sensor with the nipple pointing down.
Thank you very much, but where do you splice the MAP sensor wires as the IAT is spliced to the MAF wires.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi, Yes I just put the GM sensor in the same place as the OEM Map sensor was. Being J-spec I have OEM Air temp sensor and still using it so no advice on where to put that sorry. Phil.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys!
Now just need to find out where i can buy these parts:

MAP Sensor Harness (5-pin) P/N 49C-A004
APEXI 3-Bar MAP Sensor P/N 499-X001
Air Temp Sensor Connector P/N 4G73GK00002
Intake Air Temp Sensor P/N 89424-24010

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kevin Hoare said:
I'm pretty sure I have a brand new Apexi map sensor. I'll double check the part # if you're interested.
If you could do that it would be great! thank you Kevin.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevin Hoare said:
Sorry I didn't get on here today. I'll check this tomorrow..
No problem, thanks!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kevin Hoare said:
OK the sensor which I have is actually a denso part. It is the Apexi map sensor though. The denso part # is DPS-310-2000A
hmm, ok thanks a lot Kevin.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So are most people using the GM air temp sensor and connector for the AEM standalone, I am trying to figure out if it would work with my Power FC.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my Intake Air Temp Sensor, my question is how did you guys run the sensor wire that you spliced from the MAF all the way to the throttle body pipe where you mounted the Intake Air Sensor? Did you extend the wire, and what did you use to extend it? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I just tapped the wire near the throttle body before the harness crosses over the cam gears. You can leave it together at the maf plug that way incase you ever decide to go back :) You will need to extend the wires for the sensor also, just cut and splice them in.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mike91t said:
I just tapped the wire near the throttle body before the harness crosses over the cam gears. You can leave it together at the maf plug that way incase you ever decide to go back :) You will need to extend the wires for the sensor also, just cut and splice them in.
Thank you so much my friend.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:

why make sure you mount your sensor with the nipple pointing down o nthe map sensor? i have mine "t" in where the stock sensor was and sits horizontialy on top on the intake mani along with the brake booster banjo line. it gets pretty hot there also. what could the ill affects be? and my iat temp sensor is 6 inches away from the tb. kinda near the electric fan. that seems ok. but im curious about the 5 bar map sensor i have mounted horizontialy. vertical will make a difference?with nipple faceing down and wires faceing up?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mike91t said:
Mike, just one more question. After splicing the wires from the MAF to the Intake Temp Sensor, did you remove the MAF out the car, can you remove it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts