Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been searching and asking question on how to figure out the right size rear rims for a TRD widebody kit and after some calculations here is what i have come up with. 19x13 with a +21 offset should fit. here is how i came up with that. if 19x11 with +47 fit a stock body supra w/ rolled fenders then, if the wide body kit adds 2" to the rear, then 19x13 rims will add 1" to each side of the rim(as compared to 19x11) so i will have to drop my offset 1" (about 25mm) so 19x13 +21 should clear the inner fender wall with 1mm extra just for safe measure. well that is my theory if someone could confirm this that would be great. thanks

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
This is what i've learned from the guys who went widebody. Get the wheels you want first and then do the body work. The reason everyone is saying that is because your guessing on how wide the body will be. Because from what everyone is saying the kit is almost never the same from one person to the next.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that conversion web site helps me out a lot. thanks. i checked my calculations with the web site and with a +21 offset i will have enough clearance on the inner fender wall but it will push the rim 72mm (2.83") out on the outside fender. does the TRD widebody kit add that much space to the outside? or will i need to drop the offset down and try to make more space on the inner fender wall. if so how ill i do that.

i am planning on buying the rims before the kit but i need a ballpark size so i dont go beyond the trd WB capability. any advice on what to do to make more space on the inner fender walls and how much extra space can i make?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think that i will be going with 18x13 instead because i know that some members on this forum runs 18x13 +33 offset w/ 345/30zr18 tires, but would it be better to run 18x13 +21 offset to allow more room for the rear fender wall? or stay with the +33 offset and risk tire contact with the inner fender walls.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
If you take your car to a good shop then they will be able to fit the kit to the wheels. but just make sure your doing this right the first time around and not try to cut corners on which shop you pick.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i really need to research some local shops and see if i feel any of them are up to par. i might even be sending it out to CA to find a beeter shop for the install. can anyone recomend a good shop in CA to do this?

·
Banned
724 Posts
The TRD widebody kit is made to use 12" rims out back, and 10" in front. CCW can make 13" work... buy the wheels first, then go wider.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
standalone said:
yeah i really need to research some local shops and see if i feel any of them are up to par. i might even be sending it out to CA to find a beeter shop for the install. can anyone recomend a good shop in CA to do this?

Where are you and your Supra at? Theres a handful of places here in SoCal you can pic. How soon where you looking at getting this done?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i live in hawaii and im hoping to have it completed sometime next year. right now i am trying to do as much research and prep work as possible so i can have as smooth as a transition to wide body as possible.

i talk to dusty today at mvpmotorsports.com and he recomended doing the widebody first and then getting the rims, but i have heard by just about everyone here on the forums to get the rims first and make the kit fit to the rims. my only guess to getting the rims first would be because i am going to go with 18x13 and according to kazumatrd the trd is only made for 12". can anyone confirm my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts