Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
((Searched)) Okay here's my situation, when I bought my car, the theft deterrent worked fine, then I had an idiot friend put my battery in backwards, and fry my car, it's not working anymore... When I unhook the battery and hook it back in, it still makes that annoyingly loud beeping noise for a few seconds. The interior light for the deterrent doesn't flash anymore, what things should I check? (I replaced all the fried fuses and the alternator on his paychecks) If it is unsalvageable, can someone direct me to a link on how to remove it? The reason this concerns me, is that my starter is not cooperating with me all the time, and my voltometer in the car is reading at 11v at idle. Any help would be much appreciated

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump again... Jeff?

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
I think you're dealing with more than the stock theft deterrent.

I don't think the interior lights flash when the alarm is triggered, could be wrong on that. I also don't think the stock alarm does any chirping when disconnecting and reconnecting battery, again could be wrong on that.

Look around your engine bay to see if you have any additional siren horns. The stock alarm horn is on the firewall near the brake booster.

Easiest way to disable the stock alarm is jumper the hood pin switch, on the wiring harness side not the switch side.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
isnms said:
I think you're dealing with more than the stock theft deterrent.

I don't think the interior lights flash when the alarm is triggered, could be wrong on that. I also don't think the stock alarm does any chirping when disconnecting and reconnecting battery, again could be wrong on that.

Look around your engine bay to see if you have any additional siren horns. The stock alarm horn is on the firewall near the brake booster.

Easiest way to disable the stock alarm is jumper the hood pin switch, on the wiring harness side not the switch side.

The interior lights do not flash, just the light for the theft deterrent on the interior flashes when the doors are locked, it doesn't do that anymore. And its not a chirp, its a loud annoying ass BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP one long beep when I disconnect and reconnect the battery. I have no additional Siren horns. And I don't want to disable it, I either want to fix it or remove it. Thank you anyway :D

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts