Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm changing the fluid in my rear diff. Capacity is supposed to be 1.3 Litres. However, the TSRM says to fill it until is starts to leak out the filler hole, and I've already got close to 1.5 Litres in there, nothing coming out the hole.

The car is on a slight angle, so that could explain the extra fluid, I guess.

Should I keep going, or bolt it up the way it is? More fluid seems like a better idea to me, anyone got a different idea?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, did just that. Thanks guys!

On a side note, the evil growling noise from the rear end of my car on turns mysteriously vanished immediately after the fluid change. Gotta love that.

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
How often are we supposed to change that?? i'm comin up on 175K mi. soon. :scratch:

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Your "supposed" to change the oil every 7000 miles or every other oil change but I think very few people actually do this.

Khris

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
osofast7m said:
Your "supposed" to change the oil every 7000 miles or every other oil change but I think very few people actually do this.

Khris
Odd, my book says to inspect it every 20,000 under normal driving conditions (even beyond 60,000 miles).

It does say to replace it every 20,000 miles under severe conditions though

Just make sure you use the Hypoid gear oil for limited slips (API GL-5). 80W90 for those who see freezing temperatures, straight 90W for those of use who don't normally...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts