Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding which fuel pump to use and what type of system. Right now I have dual walboros and they are crap. Within 2000 miles 2 of them have quit on me and 1 while I was at the track during a run. Ughhhhhhh! I'm wondering about doing an external pump like an Aeromotive. My domestic friends run them and say that they do well. What type of fuel pumps are good for the larger hp systems for supras? I certainly want to do away with the walboros. Suggestions? Tia

·
Word.
394 Posts
Stock supra pumps are good. WOTM has the custom multipump setup. i personally run a paxton pump and it sems to be holding up fine.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that walbros are failing a lot lately. What's up with that? I think I'll try an aeromotive external. They are proven on domestics drag cars and should have no problem with our cars. Plus running 1 is safer. If it quits then no fuel at all. When running multi pumps if one quits it may cause the motor to run lean. I heard that someone else had this problem it ended up costing him a motor. I also heard that the stockers are good. But for the price of 3 stockers and the bracketry I could run 1 large external. Anyone else?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I am considering going with one nice external pump (Weldon or Aeromotive) instead of three stockers/walbors, but like you said the walbros have been failing lately and your not the only one who I have heard say that. I know everyone says externals are louder louder, but that does not bother me. I would rather have a loud fuel pump, then a blown engine, right? :)

I know I have seen some pretty sick setups using external pumps from people on the forums. Those that are using them how much power are you making and what pump are you using?

Thanks guys!

Brett

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
OEM pumps are all you'll ever need IMO. The highest flowing, quietest and most reliable. They draw a bit more current, but that has never been a concern to me. Might be for the guys with big audio systems, I don't know. The only question, IMO, is how many.....two or three.

Ken.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ken, are you running three stock pumps in your car? I have two and havent had a problem with them failing on me. With my new setup I will not be able to afford a fuel pump to take a dump on me under WOT and destroy my motor :(

Brett.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
TheMadSupra said:
Ken, are you running three stock pumps in your car? I have two and havent had a problem with them failing on me. With my new setup I will not be able to afford a fuel pump to take a dump on me under WOT and destroy my motor :(

Brett.
Brett,

Two pumps and eight 1000 cc injectors for me. I understand your concern about fuel pump failure at WOT. We all share that concern which is why, IMO, stock is best. Definitely proven to be the most reliable, IMO.

That new set-up wouldn't include a 3.3L stroker would it?

Ken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts