Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...i've had the supra TT brake upgrade for over 5 years.... i have DBA 2 peice rotors....but i usually use supra TT OEM pads since they come with factory shimz...
They r not aggressive so the pads and rotors last long time...but i'm not happy with the stopping power!

I've had project Mu pads, no shims they move around my caliper... (warped my brand new brembo rotors in 1 week) "my fault 4 not breaking them in proper"
i've had others as well...but the problem is the moving of the pads, because aftermarket pads don't have shims... and the supra calipers are not like the porsche TT or others where the pads get screwed in the caliper.

WHat do u guys use in ur TT calipers???? any problems like i am experiencing?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I use Carbotech pads with stock shims and stock rotors, never had a problem at all. I like them so much that I'll get them again when they wear out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by shims u mean the stock OEM shimz outa the old pads? or do i need 2 order another set from toyota and install it on the new pad,

That is the problem, that i didn't use shimz when i got aftermarket pads..

What kind of hawk pad u using?

and where can i get ur carbon pads?

Any other pads that are recommended? I drive the CAR very hard... :sadance: :no!:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
i have the hps pads. yes, i used the shims off of my old pads, its not like they go bad, if you don't have them, go to toyota and get a shim kit.

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Lex400PshR said:
by shims u mean the stock OEM shimz outa the old pads? or do i need 2 order another set from toyota and install it on the new pad,

That is the problem, that i didn't use shimz when i got aftermarket pads..

What kind of hawk pad u using?

and where can i get ur carbon pads?

Any other pads that are recommended? I drive the CAR very hard... :sadance: :no!:
LOL that last smilie is ridiculous :lol::lol:

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
If you're really concerned about stopping power you should list what tires you're running. More often than not, people are using crap tires with good brakes and thinking its a braking problem.

BTW, I used Hawk HPS pads and stock rotors....

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
503 Posts
Ubermensch said:
If you're really concerned about stopping power you should list what tires you're running. More often than not, people are using crap tires with good brakes and thinking its a braking problem.

BTW, I used Hawk HPS pads and stock rotors....

Very good point...was just going to ask the same thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts