Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you find space to install the ballasts on the driver's side? I can't figure out an adequate spot.

I'm using Philips ballasts btw...

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
I put them under the head light houseing. There out of the way and people cant steal them

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts

Crappy thing about this is.. This is the spot where I think my FMIC instructions tell me to mount the coolant resevoir bottle.. So I may have to figure something else out.

The passanger side was the hardest.. I cant wait until my intake gets here so it will fit better....

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
mk3turbosupra said:

Crappy thing about this is.. This is the spot where I think my FMIC instructions tell me to mount the coolant resevoir bottle.. So I may have to figure something else out.

The passanger side was the hardest.. I cant wait until my intake gets here so it will fit better....

That is a bad location, the run channel for water has a high chance of dripping onto your ballasts, causing a short.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Hey Hua..

Yea, I anticipated that and flow tested the location with my garden hose.. So far no water has touched the ballasts.. I will be moving them to a more permament location soon but the excitment was killing me.. hehe. Also, I live in Sacramento where it rains like 3 days a year.. today being one of those days.. I want to know more about the under the headlight assembly install.. are they just stuck to the bottom?

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
If you take out the head light altogether you will see that you can mount them underneath because there is enough clearance

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
my philips ballasts are mounted right under the headlight as well...on the frame.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just make sure they are SECURE!!! I used numerous zip ties to support mine to the frame under the headlights.. One of my ballasts failed when the double sided tape came loose and destroyed the ballast so I zip tied them up!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts