Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guy i m tryin to work on my brake some how and i m curious beforei disconnect the abs sensor will i need to disconnect the battery first? if i dont wil it effect anythin sucha the abs light pop on?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
It souldn't, but if you have any doubts it's not exactly that hard to unhook the battery. You are just worried about all of you radio presets aren't you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wheel speed sensor? If so, you do not have to disconnect battery. What kind of work are you doing to necessitate the removal of the ABS wheel speed sensor anyway? Just curious.

The ABS ECU will only detect a fault if you turn IG on with the sensor disconnected and you begin to drive and it does not see a wheel speed from that particular wheel in comparison to the three others. If the ABS light illuminates it's fairly easy to clear up; provided you know that you caused it intentionally and no other ABS/TRAC issues exist.

BTW, be careflul not to get any ferrous material stuck to the sensor when you remove it. If you do, clean it off before you reinstall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, that's what I'm stating. Should not illuminate ABS light, unless you drive the car with a wheel speed sensor disconnected. Totally rational.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts