Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying an MKIII soon, and had a question that I thought I should ask y'all. Should I buy one already in good condition, or should I save a little bit of money and buy one that needs a little bit of work? Because I thought it would be good to learn about the car by fixing the bad parts, and my Dad knows a car restorationist who can give us a discount on that stuff. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
buy a well taken care of one. chances are u wont have nearly as many problems. just go over the car well.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Definately buy one that needs a little work then.
Getting to know the mkiii is possibly the best mod you could ever do. Also, you'll be saving an mkiii from possibly taking a trip to the junkyard. Everybody needs to know how to work on their (i,e or e,i? damnit, i always forget) own car, this way we keep our cars on the road a lot longer. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well considering you probably havent worked on a mk3 or maybe any car before you probably shouldnt getting anything with problems. being able to get a deal and knowing what your doing is two different things. cars will give you enough problems no use in going and buying one with tons already.

Josh

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
heh. its ALOT of work! trust me i know!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
oh yah just to give you an idea:i bought my second supra back in july since then ive gone thru a autotranny,2 turbos, blown ic pipes(oh god too many times), faulty/adjusting sensors,reseting timing oh the list goes on, as you can see problems come to even cars in great condition

·
Boostless
686 Posts
I'm very happy that I bought a MKIII in excellent condition. When I first joined here I was shocked to see all thre reliabilty issues people have with these cars. Mine has been dead reliable for the past 4.5 years and I'm glad I spent the extra money to get one that was well cared for.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
yeah, seeing as you havent owned a supra before, id suggest paying a little more and get a well looked after one. that way you should have to worry about some problem creeping up that a mistreated/poorly maintained supra might have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts