Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i would love to know, clutch can be a daily driver with 750RWHP easy in heavy traffic now and then.I am running a HPF Pressure plate,RPS lighteen flyweel & Rps 6 puck disc . This set up is not working out for me ,as plan ...Your help please.........TONY.

PS i did do a search come up with nothing for my Question.... :)

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
My car has one of the Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch kits in it. It's the older 3-puck design though. I was told it was capable of holding over 700 hp, but my car doesn't make near that much, so I can't confirm. The pedal isn't too firm, but it does engage more like an on-off switch.

Many people rave about the South Bend clutches, but I don't think they have one with that high a rating. I have no experience with the twin/triple plate clutches so I can't comment on their daily driving characteristics.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
RPS carbon/carbon is the clutch to use in a situation like that. It's pedal pressure is fairly light, and it's no grabbier than the 6-puck you have now, so it's docile in stop-and-go traffic. However, it can hold a LOT of power reliably. It works differently than the disk you have now...the hotter the carbon/carbon plates get the more they grab, so it can take a lot of launches at ths strip as well. It is expensive, but will pay for itself if you had to replace about 2 normal clutches (small parts/labor/etc included.) If you would like a price on it please send me a private message or email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JeremyBlackwell said:
RPS carbon/carbon is the clutch to use in a situation like that. It's pedal pressure is fairly light, and it's no grabbier than the 6-puck you have now, so it's docile in stop-and-go traffic. However, it can hold a LOT of power reliably. It works differently than the disk you have now...the hotter the carbon/carbon plates get the more they grab, so it can take a lot of launches at ths strip as well. It is expensive, but will pay for itself if you had to replace about 2 normal clutches (small parts/labor/etc included.) If you would like a price on it please send me a private message or email [email protected]
Thanks bro,ill be in touch since i am moving to GA. Thanks again guys :bigthumb: ....All input are apriciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts