Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into buy s supra here lately but as you know its hard to find some at a pretty good price anyways I found a couple but they are all N/A I am wondering How bad is it to change out that Motor to the Twin turbo motor, what would i need to change out other than the tranny and the ECU and engine will everything mount up would the rest of the drivetrain mount right up as well? Will i need to fabricate tranny mounts? I have been asking these questions to a few forums but no one can seem to tell me so i was hoping for some luck here.

· Registered
13,982 Posts

· Registered
4,081 Posts
well I found one for about 8grand and a TT engine for 500 figured I could rebuild the engine and get a 6spd tranny for it
It isn't that simple. It is a lot of work and money to convert a NA to 6spd. You need to search the prices for a 6spd swap. A new 6spd is $6k, used about $3k plus you neeed the drive shaft, diff, tunnel etc etc.

Bottom line like everyone has told you, you're better off buying a TT from the start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.