Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 88 supra N/a 5spd. and in higher speeds like 55+ it feels laggy, like i can downshift into 3rd at 60 and not go anywhere it sounds like its trying to move... or if im messin around and luanch it from 1st gear it will feel like it has power through 1st and 2nd and a part of third then 4th and 5th feel like im just cruzin. What would cuase this? Some times its real peppy im thinking it could be injectors.....

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope no check engine light. The only light that has came on since ive owned it was the bird cage light lol.

I dont entirely remember if it used to do it. I know it deff needs a good tune up. I wanna get new injectors bc they are probably clogged

· Registered
472 Posts
Clogged injectors wont usually cause an intermittent problem, but seeing how you have 150k+ on them it would be a good idea to have them cleaned/rebuilt. You can usually get them cleaned/rebuilt/flow matched for about $30/injector, cleaning/rebuilt for about $6-12/injector + shipping depending on who you use.

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My clutch wouldnt cuase it to be laggy between shifts would it? i know my bushings are a lil worn out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.