Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about which cams will be best for my supra... I am going to be installing a t04r with dual walbro in tank pumps and 850cc injectors. i want to do cams but i am unsure on how to choose them. if there are anymore questions please ask. And does anybody know where i can get a bushing for the steering rack?? or do i have to get a whole new rack. And for a wastegate how do you tell which wastegate will be best for my setup??? thanks
brian

S

·
0 Posts
dont be a wuss go for hks 272's FUCL 264's its all about top end power. :) as for wastegate the new rave is the tial 44mm wastegates. supposed to be the best of the best.

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
suprab808 said:
I am curious about which cams will be best for my supra... I am going to be installing a t04r with dual walbro in tank pumps and 850cc injectors. i want to do cams but i am unsure on how to choose them. if there are anymore questions please ask. And does anybody know where i can get a bushing for the steering rack?? or do i have to get a whole new rack. And for a wastegate how do you tell which wastegate will be best for my setup??? thanks
brian
There are dyno sheets up on HKS, and the 272's really didn't do that well compared to the 264's except at high boost. Other than that, the 264's made more power with less boost. The 272's only made more power than the 264's for about 1000rpm according to HKS.

K

·
0 Posts
Plus not everyone is trying to build a dyno queen, some of us like a usable power curve.

H

·
0 Posts
suprab808 said:
how much horsepower are the 264's good to???
Wow.... i suggest buying a supra and then learning how to drive it first... as for your question i dont know a single person to have actuall broken an HKS cam shaft.

·
238 Posts
suprab808 said:
ok thanks. can you get a wastegate that is to big??
Yes, depending upon a lot of factors, you can get a WG that is too big. Stick to either the HKS 50 or Tial 44.

Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts