Supra Forums banner

Questions about Hondas??

491 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  suprahajimoto 
#1 · (Edited)
I dont know much about Hondas swaps and jargon they use when explaining their motors, but my friend barely beat a honda acura early 90s in his 2 wheel drive Titan. Friend he raced claims it was a stock LS motor with an exahust and intake. Was their a japanese spec motor that had more power?? My ex had a 92 with the LS motor and she said it around 145 or so. Couldnt find a egr on this guys ride and came to that conclusion and he wont give in to the explanation. And if so, how many more hps and torque did it have? Thanks.

#5 ·
Yeah the LS engines were rather gutless. They had decent torque though for a 4 banger below 2.0 liter of displacement. The Vtec engines made anywhere from 160 to 205 depending on which one you had and where it came from. There are guys who have made around 250 HP to the ground NA with a whole lot of engine work and selecting the right components. The engine was tuned with all components for top end and made just shy of 190 ft.lbs torque. They can make good power and they are very responsive but the expense of making one fast in NA form out weights the price of one of these cars used. Most honda owners aren't will to spend money on the good stuff either. They do make excellent beaters. Mine has over 335k miles on it and keeps going.

#13 ·
No kidding. Integra engine in a Civic makes it the same weight of an Integra. Its like saying I'm going to put GTE in my NA MKIV and be lighter than a TT MKIV. They will both weight in about the same once all done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.