Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Questions about my purchase/Boost problems

Hi everyone, I'm new and just joined the Supra community recently. I always wanted a Supra in my garage next to my NSX and after months of looking I finally purchased a Red 95 TT 6speed manual with 90k. I'm wondering if you guys could let me know if I got a good deal and how much power the car is making. I'm going to have it re-tuned and dyno'ed but I'd like to get a good estimate.

I paid $23,000 and got: 95 TT with, Blitz FMIC, Blitz BOV x 2, Blitz turbo timer and boosts controller, HKS Ignition, Unorthodox cam gears, and pulleys, Tanable Exhaust, Bomex body kit, Fluidyne radiator, HKS intake, down pipe, upgraded 98 front and tail lights, SSR GT3's 18x9 front and 18x10 rears with fat Michellins, and lots of comsmetic pieces.

The previous owner said it was boostin 12 psi and the cams were set at stock. After getting dyno number's what should I do next other than eventually getting a bigger turbo.

Also what problems areas should I be looking for.

Thanks.

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
Hey! another MN supra. Boost 18 PSi and go dyno and see if you hit 400WHP! :D

Also I think that a good purchase. For $23000. Where did you buy it from? MN or out of state? Well anyway. PIx?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not bad at all sounds like a good deal. NSX and supra damn post some pics hell of a combo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes the car is from Duluth area. I will get it dyno'ed at Elite soon since I know them through the NSX scene. What problems areas have you guys had??

My brother jokingly said all I need now is a 300zx tt and I would have all the 90's japanese sports cars.

Here is a link to my NSX:

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31018

Pics as soon as I get the Supra detailed.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I would have to agree with above^^^ the RX7 is a nicer car overall compared to the 300Z but thats just my 2 cents. Overall i think for $23k you got a pretty good deal. And as for the setup you got right now at 12lbs of boost i would say your pushing around 375hp to little over 400hp. If i was about to dyno it, i would turn it up just a little more to 1Bar about 14.4lbs. Unless you plan on keeping it at 12lbs all day.

Well the next upgrades i would do if i was you would be bigger cams either 264's or 272's. Then fuel upgrade (bigger injectors, extra pump, fuel rail & ect... ). After that your'll be all ready for any turbo you upgrade to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
YangerNSX said:
Yes the car is from Duluth area. I will get it dyno'ed at Elite soon since I know them through the NSX scene. What problems areas have you guys had??

My brother jokingly said all I need now is a 300zx tt and I would have all the 90's japanese sports cars.

Here is a link to my NSX:

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31018

Pics as soon as I get the Supra detailed.

You also need the 3000gt VR4 too. :bigthumb:

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
KrippleTwin said:
You also need the 3000gt VR4 too. :bigthumb:
Yeah, but who cares about those things? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boost Issues

Hey Guys...Quick question?? I noticed that some of my vaccum lines don't go to anything, can somebody send me a detailed diagram where each one should go. Also, does anyone know how to turn the boost up on a blitz electronic boost controller. My car won't boost more than 12 psi and it'll only do that in 3-4 gears. In 1 and 2 it'll only go to 10 psi. (I realize they could be vaccum related)

Thanks for the info. I'm getting it tuned next week, but would love the knowledge. Thanks in advance.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
1. The vacuum diagram is on your hood. 2. Blitz "Set" value is a percentage of the turbos max output that the selonoid see's. Your going to have to turn it up to 50+ to start seeing gains.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hands On said:
1. The vacuum diagram is on your hood. 2. Blitz "Set" value is a percentage of the turbos max output that the selonoid see's. Your going to have to turn it up to 50+ to start seeing gains.
Aftermarket hood. Can somebody get me a copy?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts