Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of finishing up my MKIV Supra. The registration is due on the car and I need to get it's bi-annual inspection.

I have not quite finished putting the car back together. I intend to finish it this year and drive the car. Can I register the car as normal and do the inspection later provided I don't drive it? Should I just register it as a Non-OP and then later on put it back in operational registration? From previous experience I learned that if you non-op a car you end up paying that fee ONTOP of the regular registration fee. California apparently doesn't pro-rate.

If I register the car and then don't go for the inspection, as long as I don't drive the car or park it on public streets what happens ( other than never recieving the 2012 stickers )?

- Randy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the law changed:

Your online registration cannot be completed at this time because the department has not received the requested Smog Certification. If your vehicle was recently inspected and passed the emissions test, you may wish to wait to pay the fees and make another attempt to renew online. You may pay your fees online prior to obtaining the Smog Certification. As a reminder, late fees will be assessed if renewal fees are not paid by the date(s) noted on the registration renewal notice.

Note: If you pay fees now, a Notice of Incomplete Registration will be mailed to you within 2 weeks. It will contain instructions for completing your registration renewal. You will not be able to complete your registration renewal on the Internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts