Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
How do I get the oil seal out of the rear oil seal retainer? I tried pulling it out and i thought it'd come, and I tried cutting it with my dremel, and I tried prying it with a screwdriver, and a wrench, but it just broke and seemed like it was very brittle, but the main ring part is still in and doesn't seem to want to budge. Any tips?
eric

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
Do you have the retainer off of the engine? IIRC there is a slot on the backside which you can use a screwdriver to drive out the seal.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the whole block is in pieces. I tried to push it out, but it still seemed hard to do. I left it in Dunk parts cleaner overnight to soften it up. I'l try it later today.
eric

·
Registered
942 Posts
do this, take some wood screws(2 to be exact,) and screw them into the seal, then use 2 pairs of pliers and the seal will pop right out. i had to do this for my front main seal-works like a charm, just be careful not to screw into anything else.

·
Registered
375 Posts
like race said...just put a flathead on the seal from the inside where the notch is then hit away! (carefully)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts