Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll have to excuse my inexperience on this matter. I've worked on a lot of cars in my day, but my experience with turbos has been limited to my old SRT-4 and my brothers STI and WRX. I've been researching the turbos on the Supra (and the Supra in general) for most of the last year, but my knowledge of the new sequential set ups (like those being done by Sound Performance) is rather limited.

So a few questions about it. What more than the quick spool valve do you need to set it up? Do you NEED two turbos that are the same? For example could I use a smaller quicker spooling turbo for the initial, and a larger more high end turbo for the second? Basically, just plain and simple, what do I need to set up an aftermarket sequential setup?

Sorry for the naivety that this post is wreaking of. I searched the crap out of the forums but all the info I did find was poorly organized and uninforming at best.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think the lack of response is that SP's sequential kit is basically the only one produced aftermarket. You might get a better response if you ask SP themselves since they are the experts it would seem.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
If that's your big concern, I would just go with a big single and some nitrous with a window switch to spool that puppy up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's your big concern, I would just go with a big single and some nitrous with a window switch to spool that puppy up.
Maybe.... But I am planning my future Supra to an immense amount. I want to make it the best I can over the course of 5-10 years (it's going to be my first project car that is entirely my own), and I want it to be the best it can be. So I want to learn about all of my "alternatives" in upgrades.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts

·
Banned
700 Posts
I think the lack of response is that SP's sequential kit is basically the only one produced aftermarket. You might get a better response if you ask SP themselves since they are the experts it would seem.

RPS produced one years ago I think it is up your way in Canada these days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts