Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much horsepower does the SP66 capable of??? i looked on sound performace.com but i didnt see the sp66. maybe i am blind.

M

·
0 Posts
capable of over 500whp on lower boost (16psi..) and flows enough for 700+hp on higher boost. It is extremely responsive. With good piping, you should see 16psi in the mid-high 3000rpm range Thats just what i hear.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
msivyhuynh said:
capable of over 500whp on lower boost (16psi..) and flows enough for 700+hp on higher boost. It is extremely responsive. With good piping, you should see 16psi in the mid-high 3000rpm range Thats just what i hear.
with high boost how high do you mean?

M

·
0 Posts
prob like 25 tops... i dont know much about this turbo but 700+ is its max and only at 16psi 500Whp thats awesome and spools pretty quick...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good turbo for starting a big single supra engine? are the sound performance turbos good?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I haven't seen one of these around for awhile. It seems as though they dropped off the map. Might mean there are more options to go with these days.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
SP uses Precision Turbo & Engine turbos, yes they are good. Seems like the SP66 was yesterday's turbo, the new trend is the SP67.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hua said:
SP uses Precision Turbo & Engine turbos, yes they are good. Seems like the SP66 was yesterday's turbo, the new trend is the SP67.
is there anything wrong or bad ab out this turbo?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Check into compressor surge related to the 66 turbo. I don't have a single so I'm not sure, just a memory tick I got, and the surge might only be with certain A/R's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts