Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--
I have purchased the NA-T Stage 2 kit with the T67 DBB from Boost Logic and I am wondering if I need to purchase a different timing belt, cause we put the 2.5-mm headgasket from the kit on there and we can't seem to get my new stock NA timing belt on????? Also what is the easiest way to attach the return line the block, would it be easiest to purchase a stock tt return flange for the oil return feed fromt he dealer or is there an easier way????

If anyone could respond with some help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Chase

·
Registered
479 Posts
for my return line i drilled the block and used a lexus union bolt. as for the timing belt couldnt you loosen the tensioner then put it on

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you did the same setup...

I have the tensioner all the way compressed with a clip in the hole to keep it from coming up and I still can't seem to get it to go on. Won't seem to squeeze over the tensioner... Did you just use the stock timing belt for your NA then???

·
Registered
476 Posts
You could try to remove the tensioner to put the belt on, I took mine off to install my new belt. My setup is SP 3mm hg, PowerEnterprise belt. So it should work with no problem then again I had a spare motor to do all this.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
did u not get the entire NA-t kit from boostlogic? ijust drilled the stock location for the tt return line, took 5 mins, just use a lot of grease on the drillbit, but yea, my BL kit came with a return flange for the oil return line. Also, for the belt, i used my same belt as i had before, you just have to compress the tensioner all the way and pin it in place then put the belt on, its a PITA, good luck man, let us know what kinda numbers you put down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As above mate, i've got a 2.5mm head gasket also. Just be patient and take your time, took us a while to get the belt on but it will go. We started from the bottom with belt on just at the edge, then slowly worked it over the cam gears. Like i said took a while

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Even with a 3mm hg, the OEM timing belt will slip right on. My guess is that you haven't "pre-loaded" the belt on the exhaust cam.

Basically, you need to ensure the cam gears and crank are centered. Start by wrapping the belt around the exhaust cam, and then pre-load it by turning the exhaust cam counter clockwise just a hair. That will tighten it up. Next, wrap the timing belt around the intake cam, and then pin the tensioner and bolt it into place. Now, pull the tensioner pin. Of course, make sure the crank and cams are still at TDC after installation. And watch your torque requirements on the tensioner bolts. It's very easy to over torque and strip those two bolts.

-scott

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the information. So does anyone have any real numbers on what this stage 2 kit can do, if anyone has numbers please let me know.....

Thanks for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts