Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car with a full 4" exhaust from the turbo back to an Aeroturbine muffler and it has this god awfull headache causing drone at any kind of cruising speed. I would like to quiet it down just a little bit by adding in a muffler somewhere under the car, maybe some time of chambered muffler. Does that sound like a good idea? Or does anyone have any direct experience/tips they might like to share?

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
If you're still on stock twins it will quite the droning but it will still be there. I had a Nur Spec with a test pipe on twns ( which has a Pre muffler, resonator w/e you want to call it) And it still droned like crazy. Im single now with the same nur spec and the droning is literally gone. I can cruise at 40mph and be able to talk to the person in the passenger seat.

The resonator will help, but it'll still be there.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I added a resonator on my 3" exhaust it killed the drone.. quited it down quite a big.. good for DDing.. now im not dding the car im going to try my 4" without the resonator..

Thats all i had was a summit resonator.. works good

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BadBoyToy said:

Just to post an update to this thread today I actually picked up the exact resonator you listed above as my local performance place SK Speed had one in stock for $48 and had it installed and it got rid of I would say 70% of the annoying drone I had and made the car actually quieter than I thought a straight through piece of pipe could make ;)

Overall thumbs up towards getting rid of annoying droning! :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Serzy said:
Just to post an update to this thread today I actually picked up the exact resonator you listed above as my local performance place SK Speed had one in stock for $48 and had it installed and it got rid of I would say 70% of the annoying drone I had and made the car actually quieter than I thought a straight through piece of pipe could make ;)

Overall thumbs up towards getting rid of annoying droning! :)
lol yea.. it was a world of difference when i put the resonator on my 3" exhaust..

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
damn. everything scrapes with 4" though :(

i'd put like 3 or 4 of them resonators.... I just can't take the noise.

I love my dump but man I wish it was muffled just a bit.
Every cop in town knows when I'm getting on it.. (and thats very often) like once every 40-50 seconds lol

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
ZaZZn said:
damn. everything scrapes with 4" though :(

i'd put like 3 or 4 of them resonators.... I just can't take the noise.

I love my dump but man I wish it was muffled just a bit.
Every cop in town knows when I'm getting on it.. (and thats very often) like once every 40-50 seconds lol

go big or go home..

but yea you right, it does scrape often, but its worth it to me, first the sound is sick with the ported head and the 280 cams, sencond i actually gained about 56hp going from 3in to 4in

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
I have a resonator in my exhaust and no drone at all :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts