Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put in a mechanical boost gauge in my 88 supra and i will floor it and it will hit 9 lbs of boost and then drop to about 6 psi. and it feels like it just looses alot of power. i just rebuilt the engine from the ground up to. it has about 3000 miles on it and the compression is 150 on all cylinders. i was taking with a friend and he was saying it might be the stock BOV leaking and i am thinking he might be right. has this happened to anyone before? i have a gready BOV but it has two vacuum lines do both have to be hooked up? and how do i get it so i dont have the BOV recirculate if possible. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just haven't had the time to. i will be putting it in on saturday along with the boost controller cuz i dont have the boost controller in thats why it drops from 9 to 6psi

·
4,930 Posts
Check for boost leaks too, they're very annoying.

Also know that the stock turbo usually tapers off in the higher rpms...but not as much as you're saying.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You will need a greddy bov flange welded on a section of pipe. I have one from years ago that I bought with the greddy bov kit for the 7m. I sold the bov a while back. You will need a big rubber cap to seal the bov return inlet on the acordian pipe which you can buy at most parts stores. If you want\need the 7m greddy bov pipe pm me. I will let you have it for $20 shipped.

The stock bov s are extremely bad about leaking. I had the Greddy bov when I still had the 7m and it would stall badly when you let off the throttle quickly if you did not set it hard enough. I just put a hks super sequential on my brothers 7m and it has only stalled once. Definetly check for boost leaks, the bottom hose is bad about getting oil soaked and cracking. If that happened you would prob be hitting fuel cut though. Having a restrictive exhaust can also cause the boost to fall like that. Be prepared to hit fuel cut when you install the ebc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts