Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2nd complete motor for $650 and am going to be rebuilding it into a 700+rwhp motor most likely. Definatley 600+.

I'm thinking about staying with the stock rods shot peening and polishing them since they are so strong. I know others say to upgrade after 600+rwhp, but i want to know why. Has anyone had a failure after 600 hp? I know other motors like the GN motors can make tons of power on their stock rods. 7mgte rods look pretty beefy from what i've seen of them.

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Well my guess is they will hold! Question is thats a guess. Invest in rods. Dont take the chance. If you throw it you ruin the piston and the block. also 600 is alot of power so have a solid game plan before you start. Rods is a must. A balanced engine is a must
If you like email me and I can tell you a few things I did.

[email protected]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the stock rods are forged pieces correct? If they are forged, i'm going to stick with them and have them eccentric ground on the big end to help with oiling issues at high rpm.

Has anyone ever killed a rod due to power? Usually you end up with rod failure due to oiling issues or detonation.

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
Zombie

not for anything but MKIIIpowered has the knowledge. Listen to him on the rods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts