Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a 1993 TT and am trying to figure out the alarm. The car is setup with remote entry, which I believe is non-factory. The remote has "Rattler" name/brand on it with two buttons. The remote has the ability to roll down the windows, but I have not been able to pop the gas lid or the rear hatch.

When I lock the car with the remote (button 1) I hear the doors lock, but I don't get the flashing security LED to come on. Is there any adjustment to turn the alarm on or off? I locked the doors while I was inside the car and then opened the door from inside and I could not get the alarm to activate. I'm assuming it is turned off or malfunctioning. I see security led to the left of the steering wheel, so i know the car has an alarm on it. I just don't know why it isn't working...

I'm not familiar with these alarms and am wondering how high of quality they are. Do most of you out there stick with the factory alarm or upgrade to something else??

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
the alarmyou have is made by dei aka the makers of viper and the new owners of clifford .
you have problly not beem able to pop the gas lid or the rear hatch because this extra feture was never intergrated into the alarm but you can tale it to any good alrm shop and they can add this to the alarm to make it work .

the flashing security LED you see on the left hand sideis the factory led and usually workes when you lock the door from the inside withthe door look buttons then close the door ..if this does not work they might have disabled the factor alarm all together
yes there is an adjustment to turn the alarm on or off

but you need to find the switch inthe car it could have been hidden any where
so look around under the dash for any buttons or dip switches

the alarm you have is or was of high quality so it seems ok also you might neeed to take it to a shop to install another led light in the car the former owner might just not have wanted another one (i know people like this)!

so again what you hve is an aftermarket alarm that is rather good!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RanGer498,
Thank you for the information! This is most helpful!!

Kind of strange getting a new car and not knowing how all these things work (radar, alarm, boost controller, etc.)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
np just glad i can help i dont know it all ! but im just glad i can help in a small way!

best of luck with her and pics please!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts