Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wished that the search function was working...

Anyways, I just wanted to know the guys here who are still using the VPC w/ AFC with success....Are you guys happy with your setup? How is the drivability, idle, etc.?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I run a vpc/gcc combo and couldnt be happier. The tune is dead nuts on and I dont have to tune each and every point on the scale(it does it for you)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Before AEM, thats all there there was. Cars have gone deep into the 9's w/ the VPC/AFC combo. I intend on running it on my car if I ever get it done. I have a VPC on a stock twin car before and liked it, I didn't even have an AFC.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
My experience on my car:
-- VPC with B Chip, Field SFC, 720cc injectors, T-64 single = SAME drivability as 100% stock Supra (i.e. perfect)
-- Same setup on 264 cams = excellent drivability but not quite the same as stock
-- Switch to 850cc injectors, SP-74 turbo, street-ported cylinder head, and C Chip for VPC = still good but not perfect -- idle hunts around a little bit, you can tell that it isn't perfect in terms of every little action, but not bad -- I've seen/driven AEMs that weren't nearly as good, one that was almost as good (but I'm not sure this tune was completed at the time), and one AEM car that was better (the better one was on an internally stock engine with 850cc injectors, and had amazingly good drivability -- tune was done by Darrin at Titan)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Since you mentioned the VPC can anyone tell me what each color of the four wires are for? I know one is positive, negative, TPS and MAF, but I am not sure what color is for each one. I need the old version, not the new VPC2.

Thanks,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the info. I just purchased a VPC w/ a B chip. I am still on the stock injectors w/ an automatic transmission and I was wondering if any of you guys have an "A chip" for 550cc injectors w/ automatic tranny that I can buy or trade my B chip with.

thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
Since you mentioned the VPC can anyone tell me what each color of the four wires are for? I know one is positive, negative, TPS and MAF, but I am not sure what color is for each one. I need the old version, not the new VPC2.

Thanks,

Click Me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts