Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys quick q (I searched). On your 97-98 turn signal harnesses, how many locking tabs does it have? You know the little tabs that stick out from the circle so that you can push it into the hole like a key and then turn it to lock, how many are there?

Reason why I ask is because the guy who sold me the vehicle has these 97-98 Turns on it, but the harnesses in the back are like gummied in. The harnesses DO NOT FIT correctly, so he like sealed them in there. I want to see if my fitment problem is on my harnesses or my turn signals themselves because they may be cheap-os. I'll order whichever one I need.

If anyone has a pic of their 97-98 harnesses head on, that'd be even better.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows what their 97-98 turn signal harnesses look like.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
u need new harnesses focker, cut the old ones off and order some new ones for the 98 lights then splice a few wires and plug them bitches in, i just did mine

edit: and 4, locking tabs 2 small 2 longer ones

edit #2 - mine didnt fit right either i have aftermarket lights tho, had to trim some of the tabs to get em in there, and for some reason theres a right and a left because the "locking" thing didnt fit in but one light, its weird i had to redo them twice

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like hge used the 93-96 harnesses on the proper 97-98 Turns. Thanks a ton for the input fellas. After confirming this, I'll be making and order.

Mark

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
If it is only a problem on one of the turn signals....if not, I dunno.

I think I know what your problem is. I've encountered this problem twice, once with my old Supra and once with my new one.

The harness from Toyota only fits one turn signal perfectly. When I tried to put the harness in the 2nd side, it wouldn't fit. I had to get a heavy duty scissor and cut off a tiny bit of 2 tabs. The tabs on the harness were bigger than the holes for the tabs on the turn signal. So I had to cut off a piece of the tab to make it fit.

I'm guessing the previous owner cut off too much of the tab and it wouldn't stay in, so he sealed it so it would stay shut. Maybe this solves your problem, maybe not.

EDIT: I didn't read your previous post before making mine, so I guess you already figured it out. Just be prepared to have to mess with one harness in order for it to fit when you order the 98 harnesses.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal, that may help me out, thanks Joey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts