Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it will be ok to drive the supra for a while without re-tuing it after installing a vpc. i know that the s-afc and the vpc will need to be tuned, but is it ok to drive the car until i get a chance to have it re-tuned? can i just wire the vpc in and keep the settings zeroed out? i am thinking that it will become a little leaner after the install. should i richin my s-afc setting a little bit? thanks for any help, Rick.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Rick:

What chip are you running in there? Stock 550cc auto chip? You shoudl be ok driving around with everything zero'd out, just be sure to tune it before you really do any WOT pulls. You coming to the dyno day on saturday?:D

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad94sup said:
Rick:

What chip are you running in there? Stock 550cc auto chip? You shoudl be ok driving around with everything zero'd out, just be sure to tune it before you really do any WOT pulls. You coming to the dyno day on saturday?:D
im actually getting the vpc in a couple of days. yes, ill have the stock 550cc auto chip. im definately coming unless i have to work. but hopefully i wont have to.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You shouldn't ever touch the VPC knobs....EVER. Do all your tuning with the afc. You will be fine driving the car after the install. It will probably run rough initially until the computer relearns everything, but no harm should occur.

Just some advice:
Set your hi/lo throttle position on the afc pretty high and only adjust the high throttle setting. This will help ensure you aren't trying to adjust the closed loop map.

Daniel

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
hey ricks its not x-mas yet how u get ur vpc do early..lol lol.. i need one got a hook up???????btw let me know on how your dyno goes...

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
^^ If you need a vpc give VNTPERFORMANCE a pm. He has a few for sale and a great person to deal with.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill listen to SSSUPRA. im getting mine from Val. (vntperformance)
great guy. by the way give me a call sometime.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and thank all you guys for the info.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hopefully i can get my 1/4 mile down lower with the vpc installed after some tuning. i would be happy with an 11.3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts