Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been out of the car audio scene for a few years, and have really lost touch with what's good/pricing.

Basically, I've got a 10" Alpine Type R (dual VC's 2 + 2ohm) in a ported box laying around and plan on throwing it in a car sometime soon. What are some decent amps at a reasonable price to power this thing? Before answering, I know some of you build some pretty wild systems, so let me clarify......I'm not looking to win any sound contests or take up my whole trunk with stereo equipment. I just want decent sound/bass from what I've got without breaking the bank, as I'll probably sell the car within a year anyways.

Also, if I'm only running the 1 sub I have to wire it in series....giving me a 4ohm sub, correct? If I got another sub of the same type, can I wire it parallel for 2ohms? Just curious.

Sorry for the newb-ness and TIA for any help,

- Jason

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
if your sub is dvc then you want a mono amp. that will drop the ohm load to 2. there for giving you more bass. i dont know why you would want to be at 4ohms. not as loud. if you get 2 dvc subs then you want to 2 channel

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Hifonics has some affordable amps that are supposedly a very good bang for your buck. Check em out :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts