Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished wiring in my vpc/safc yesterday night. I just also finished installing both of the sensors. Now I have a question on the vpc resistor thing. First off, I'm an OBDII (so I believe I can do whatever the TT does since we are both hotwire). I went to Radio Shack but they don't have any 1200ohm resistors. So I bought a 1500ohm resistor and a 2200ohm resistor. Does it matter which one I use?

Also which 2 pins on the maf plug do I dump. Here's a picture. You can number it 1-5 from left to right. I jumped pin 3&4, was it the right one?

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supra400hptt said:
That's right. Replied to your pm also.

Oh, ahhaha lol. Thanks. I just replied to your pm giving you that picture. I guess you can ignore it, thanks.

I guess being an OBDII I'm somewhat similar to you TT guys, but yet still diff. On mkiv.com they said the wires on the maf would be pink/blue & black/brown. I don't have them color wires, that's why I just simply asked that pins to jump.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Did you end up using the 1500 ohm resistor or 2200? Also, will this 3&4 setup work on my OBD I Supra? I need to do this on my supra to diagnose a possible VPC issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RSP TRD WIDEBODY said:
Did you end up using the 1500 ohm resistor or 2200? Also, will this 3&4 setup work on my OBD I Supra? I need to do this on my supra to diagnose a possible VPC issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All TT Supra's are the same. The only time where OBDI/OBDII comes into play is with the NA (which I am). I'm using the 1500ohm. I hear it doesn't hurt. But I'll be on the lookout for a 1200ohm, and switch to that when I can just in case.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks [email protected]!!! I appreciate it. I'm gonna try this out tomorrow. Good looking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts