Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I wired up my bcc and boost controller with my new fields harness and all is well. Only problem that I have is that I can't get the god damn kick panel that covers the ecu to fit back over everything nicely. What have you guys done to get this thing to fit back into place now that the fields harness is in there taking up more room?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
you are going to have to cut the center "leg" off and possibly more.

Jason

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,021 Posts
i took a hammer and smashed off all the plastic fins in the way.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I didnt cut anything on mine and it still covers the ecu's. Not like before. Maybe I will look into cutting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry fellas to bring this thread back from the grave, but I just installed a fields jumper harness in between my stock ecu and the original wiring harness. Nevertheless, I am having final fitment issues with the harness and the 2 ecu's (stock+throttle controller).

How did you guys manage to put everything back together to fit under the plastic ECU cover? I already trimmed off the plastic tab in the middle. But, if you leave the stock ECU mounted in the stock location, then the throttle controller ECU will not mount back because of the extra wiring harness (Fields Harness). Is it okay to mount/zip-tie the throttle controller ECU on top of wiring harness? will it be safe? How did you guys install yours? Pics would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone have experience in putting everything back together safely under the plastic ECU cover? Search function results finds no other info on this topic.......thanks for anyones input!

·
Registered
601 Posts
i moved my throttle computer over to the right. I think i removed the two nuts that hold the throttle computer in and just used 1 instead with the unit shifted to the right. I did this a really long time ago so its very foggy in my memory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts