Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I found my coolant leak cause it got big. I need help ASAP. What hoses besides the one from the firewall reside on the intake side of the engine? I know they go through the intake or something, but i need to see pics or a diagram or know the sizes of hose. Mine finally busted and I need my car to be driveable!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Maybe some help...

Could you be more specific? Like a better idea of the location... I mean, the Intake side is pretty vauge.

But, off the hip.... it could be any of the following:

A. Turbo coolent lines (they get hard and crack... like any hose around heat)

B. It could be a BHG (not often... but sometime the outside most part of the HG between the head and block flake away leaving a path way for the coolent channels, etc...), prolly not though. Just wanted to scare ya'! :)

C. Or it could be this line running front to back on the intake side or one of its connections... (ie. rear of water pump area or heater core area)

HTH,
Patrick

B

·
0 Posts
I know of one that is directley behind the block and it a real pain to get to but on the other side not too sure you sure that is where it is comming from cause the one on the back of the block is usually the one to go and no one knows where it is comming from so keep us updated thanx

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Under the intake manifold you will have a hose wrapping around and then going up to the throttle body. Then another hose on the throttle body goes over to the ISC valve. Then another hose from the ISC valve down back to the block again. You can completely bypass the TB and ISC valve if you want to though.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
lolz... My bad. I read intake and automatically thought about the autual "air intake". Shoulda realized no exhaust was mentioned. To much :weed: I guess...

Trent's got it nailed. IIRC, thats the only coolent on the intake side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts