Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the FAQ didn't find it, maybe i searched the wrong keywords. I'll get this thread deleted afterward, but I need a quick answer.

BHG, head off block gonna take the head to a machine shop, what should i have them do, have some milled off the head, full valve job, clean the entire head. Is there anything else I'm missing??

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm....hot tank the head...clean it....check all valves...ummm im pretty sure that's it
Thanks I'm getting it done tomorrow so, i needed a quick answer.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
would be good to check the block also. you know, it's the other thing that the head gasket seals against. that big block-like thing under the hood that the head is bolted to.

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would be good to check the block also. you know, it's the other thing that the head gasket seals against. that big block-like thing under the hood that the head is bolted to.

Taking a feeler guage to it today. thanks for the lesson I HAD NOO clue what the block was lol.

· Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Throw it in the back of a pick-up truck and drive thru an automatic carwash.

Degree i've said it before and i'll say it again, I think you're going crazy. :bigok:

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Wut? That's what I did.

I gave the guy $2 bux to give it a quick blast with the pressure washer and then sprayed it with new car smell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.