Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do a leakdown test and i have searched this forum and google and all the examples are motors that have been taken out of the car. is this really necessary? how do you determine that the piston is at TDCC (most sites said to use TDCC others just said TDC)? do you remove the vavle covers or what?

·
OCC
897 Posts
Screw in the hose from the leakdown tester into the spark plug hole of the cylinder you are testing. Lightly place your thumb over the end of the hose, then using a 1/2" ratchet with a 22mm socket, rotate the crank until you feel air come out of the end of the hose. #1 and 6 are easy because you can use the timing marks (line up with the '0' mark for TDC). 2-5 are a bit trickier since there's no mark on the crank pulley... but rotate the crank until the air no longer passes through the hose, then turn it a few more degrees... then pressurize and test. =)

sushi

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
To be very accurate also you can hold the end of the hose upto your ear. I actually stick it in my ear so I can hear exactly when no more air is coming out. Then turn just a few degrees more and you should be right there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts