Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on LI know how much a ticket for no front plate is? Damn state trooper got me on my way home from the gym. The ticket has no price, only a section to plead guilty or not guilty. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
right now i am driving without front plates myself..not to steer off the topic but it might help both of us..anyone here have any good ideas on how to put the front plate on without drilling holes in the dam bumper? lol

·
Suprasarous Y0!
1,116 Posts
In nassau its $50. You mail in guilty or not guilty. If you mail in guilty, they send you another notice with the amount you have to pay. Kind of retarded if you ask me. Thats why I put "Not guilty" on every single one. When the judge asks me why I'm fighting it, I tell him because I dont know how much the fine is. You guys could put $1000 for all I know.

Got two tickets when I moved here for driving a Uhaul on the southern. Had no amount listed or anything... just guilty or not guilty and an explanation. I put guilty and got a "bill" a few weeks later.

·
Registered
686 Posts
fix it ticket

if it's a fix it ticket, or even if t's not, make some excuse as to why it wasn't on there, like maybe your kid ripped it off or something dumb. Then make sure it's mounted before
you go to court. I'm not sure if they would accept a picture of it mounted. I know some places if you get a fix it ticket, you can find a cop and show him you fixed it.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
just ordered a retractable front license plate holder from swiftmotorsports due to this thread..! lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
In nassau its $50. You mail in guilty or not guilty. If you mail in guilty, they send you another notice with the amount you have to pay. Kind of retarded if you ask me. Thats why I put "Not guilty" on every single one. When the judge asks me why I'm fighting it, I tell him because I dont know how much the fine is. You guys could put $1000 for all I know.

Got two tickets when I moved here for driving a Uhaul on the southern. Had no amount listed or anything... just guilty or not guilty and an explanation. I put guilty and got a "bill" a few weeks later.
Those were my thoughts exactly. How retarded is this?! I was thinking about pleading not guilty and then just show up with the plate on. What pisses me off is that my husband is a CO and I have a shield and cards but of course I had nothing on me last night. Friggen figures. It was a woman state trooper so there was no way I was getting out of it...lol!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
In California, this would be a fix it ticket. If you can "show proof of repair" by the court date, then most judges wont waste their time and let you off the hook. I've had friends just bring in either a photo or an invoice to court. You can also go to a Highway Patrol station to get the "repair" inspected if you want to avoid court all together.

Side note, i wonder if you could use double sided 3m to just mount the plate temporarily? Then remove it after. I've never been pulled over for it, but it'd look pretty ugly to screw holes into the front end.

·
Suprasarous Y0!
1,116 Posts
I just tell them, I never drive the car, the parts are discontinued and I'm not drilling into the bumper... its worked for me three times now... lol.

Everyone I know who has gotten one just put two sided tape to temporarily hold the plate in place, took a picture and showed the judge. It will either get thrown out or fine dropped to something stupid cheap. Especially if you have a decent record.

I wonder how long before that plate gets ripped off and turned into fairy dust. Tell him to drive on the belt.

·
Registered
997 Posts
^ that seems incredibly dumb to use since you would just destroy the front plate with every crack in the road as it sits under the car, why do they even make it lol.

·
On call 24/7
1,566 Posts
Got pulled over for having a no plate in Nassau and NYC. In NYC it's a summon..where you just take a picture of your front plate mounted on your car..and the charge will be dropped. In Nassau, it's like what doostur said...plead not guilty..and go to court..and show them car plate mounted on car..and the fee for me was $55 dollars. I never plead guilty in nassau..b/c nassau = money hungry. All my tix in nassau I plead not guilty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts