Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if you still need the stock fuel pressure vsv if you have an aftermarket fuel system. im guessing you dont because your not using the stock fuel pressure regulator anymore, but i still have mine hooked up and was wondering if i can eliminate it. thanks, Rick.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? thanks

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I think it depends on how you have your pumps wired. I know I eliminated it, bu it's been so many years since I went single and aftermarket fuel that I can't recall how the stock system was configured. I think the VSV factored into control of the 9-V/12-V pump voltage. If you're running straight 12-volt then you shouldn't need the VSV. But double check that before you take any action that you might regret. :)

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
It's there to help with hot starting, it opens to reference the FPR to atmosphere instead of intake manifold vacuum.

Mine was deleted when the fuel system went on. It hasn't effected hot starts one bit.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
if you're not running the stock FPR then just remove the VSV and if you get a CEL just add a resistor so the ECU sees the resistance of the coil that it expects.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Ahhh.... it's the turbo pressure sensor that signals the 12-volt trigger, not the VSV. My bad. I just knew I ditched it with the aftermarket fuel.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i do need a resistor, does anyone know the value...thanks, Rick.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you need the turbo pressure sensor with an aftermarket fuel system/ intake manifold/ throttle body?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Not if you wire the pump(s) constant 12-volt and ditch the 9v/12v switching mechanism. That's how I've had mine for 6 years -- no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts