Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,

When I turn my ignition to the ON position, my pump comes online, as it should, but never turns off. So I pop my hood and it sounds like fuel is just flowing through my rail (and out the return line, more than likely).

My question is, is this normal? Or is my FPR failing on me? I always assumed as soon as the pump primed, it should turn off.

Let me know guys, thanks.

Johnny

BTW, this is a 95 TT.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the pump will continue to push fuel through the rail? I understand the pump will always have power, but should it always be pumping?

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
as long as the key is in the on position your fuel pump will be on
:scratch:
Mine stays on for about a minute or two...than the fuel ECU shuts it off IIRC. The ECU has a time out feature if the car is not started I think.

Mark

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
Dre101 said:
So the pump will continue to push fuel through the rail? I understand the pump will always have power, but should it always be pumping?

If it doesn't shut off a few seconds after the engine my bet would be someone in the past has done the 12V mod.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so if the 12V mod has been done, the fuel pump will continue to push fuel through the rail, even when the car is not on. And if the 12V mod hasn't been done, the fuel pump ECU shuts the pump off after a few seconds.

I only ask because my car starts running lean as my revs climb. And I'm only at 12psi on a T67. Tho I'm on stock fuel, I'm rather certain I'm no where near the 500rwhp limit of the stock fuel system. Almost seems as though the fuel rail loses pressure, which is why I had posted this question.

At this point, I'm going to assume it's either the FPR or the Fuel pump. I'll replace both and report back.

Ok, thanks a bunch guys.

If there's any other input, please post.

-Johnny

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
This is normal as long as the pump shuts off after a few seconds.with the key out. If not then you have a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts