Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to put in some tanabe springs and want to make sure i dont put them in backwards....there are the taller springs that have thinner coils, then shorter springs that have thicker coils. can someone please tell me which go in front and which go in the rear? thanx

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
the springs usually come with a sticker on it telling you which is which. thats odd.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mighty Mouse said:
the springs usually come with a sticker on it telling you which is which. thats odd.
i bought them used off a guy...we both think that the taller goes up front (thats the way the eibachs were i had before) but i just dont want to do it twice bby putting the wrong ones in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
gritsak said:
im getting ready to put in some tanabe springs and want to make sure i dont put them in backwards....there are the taller springs that have thinner coils, then shorter springs that have thicker coils. can someone please tell me which go in front and which go in the rear? thanx
Hey Gritsak. I take that back. If the shorter springs have the fatter coils then they go on the front. The fronts will always have the higher spring rate since most of the weight is on the front.

So, have you found a set of wheels to use yet? Talk to you later.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: quick question about tanabe springs, which are front/rear?!

Weiyan8 said:

Hey Gritsak. I take that back. If the shorter springs have the fatter coils then they go on the front. The fronts will always have the higher spring rate since most of the weight is on the front.

So, have you found a set of wheels to use yet? Talk to you later.
hey thanks for posting...we did them wrong the first time lol. but oh well, ive gotten so i can take spring out and put them back in prolly about an hour-hour and ahalf so it wasnt too big a deal.

the volks that i thought were still gonna be messed up when i got them back turned out that they werent as bad as the place that fixed them made it out to be. so i am gonna keep them now and dont have to buy another set of wheels wo hooo! thank god. i will have pics of my car later on tonight on her hopefully, it looks pretty mean now with the new springs/wheels:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts