Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just disconnected the Wiring harness for the traction control under the hood and I see THREE wires... which wire do I need to cut and run both ends to a switch?... what color is it or what side of the harness is it on?

Also can I find the wire somewhere else closer to the interior by any chance? that would make everything way easier anyway.. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Before I got the Racelogic TC system and permanently removed the TRACS fuse I used the wire that comes out the bottom of the TRACS fuse in the fusebox. From there I led a wire into the interior and put it on a switch. If you lift out the fuseholder part from the fusebox it is easy which wire you need.

Flavio

·
Registered
248 Posts
i had this done on my supra. what i did was take a blown fuse and sodder some wire on top on each side, plug it back in the fuse box, ran the wires inside the car with a switch and an inline fuseholder. the only anoying thing about this is when i flip the switch back on, the track light remains to blink until the engine is shut off.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info... I didnt think to look for wires coming off the bottom of the fusebox, I went straight to the traction control wiring harness next to the fusebox... Ill do it tommorrow thanks.

I would remove the trac fuse permanently but I dont wanna fry my Auto tranny, they go out way early with it pulled all the time... Ill wait for an SP tranny to do that :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts